What is Youtube?
www.youTube.com is the official website of an online video hosting service solutions provider that was founded on Valentine's Day back in 2005 by Chad Hurley, Steve Chen and Jawed Karim.
The current CEO of YouTube is Susan Wojcicki and for over a decade now, YouTube has continued to astound users with multiple video options.
Some of these include;
- Video uploading,
- video viewing,
- video rating,
- video sharing,
- user Subscription options and
- options to Comment and/or Report videos.
- tv streaming services in tv.youtube.com
The scope of coverage of YouTube is global (although there are some blocked/restricted countries).
Currently on YouTube you have a variety of content that may be uploaded by individuals and media corporations, such as; BBC, SkySport, ESPN, Hulu Vevo, and CBS.
Although some of these media corporations provide their content on YouTube as part of a media partnership program in place.
Some of the uploaded content on www.youtube.com include;
- TV show clips
- Video clips
- Movie Trailers
- Short films
- Documentary films
- Music videos
- Audio recordings
- Video Blogging
- Educational videos
- Religious videos
- Original videos
- Live Streams
Youtube.com/activate is where you can connect your devices, enter code a watch TV.
Youtube kids is a special app to kids. They can explore youtube safely with these app.
While the official website of YouTube is - https://www.youtube.com, this online video hosting service solutions provider is very active on a number of social media platforms such as;
- Twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/ytcreators
- Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/youtube/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/youtube/
YouTube.com official site Layout
As you launch the YouTube official site www.youtube.com from your mobile device, you have a simplistic and self-explanatory layout on show.
At the top banner you have a Camera icon, a Search icon and your Display Picture, if you are an account holder on YouTube. By the way, opening a YouTube account is free.
When you scroll down to the bottom banner, you have the Home, Trending, Subscriptions, Inbox, and Library icons.
Here's what you can achieve when you click on the icons on the landing page of the YouTube official site.
- Record icon: Click on this icon to record a video for future uploading or use the "go live" option to stream videos live on YouTube.
- Search icon: The search icon helps you to locate a video of your choice.
- Display Picture icon: The Display Picture (DP) icon takes you to 'Your Account'.
- Home icon: Click on the Home icon to go back to the YouTube landing page if you want to return to it.
- Trending icon: Takes you to where you can get the most trending music, gaming, films and news items on YouTube.
- Inbox icon: Shows all the notifications you have received from those other YouTube user channels you have subscribed to.
- History icon: Displays your Downloads, Your Videos or those videos you have kept on the Watch Later list. It also shows your Playlist which includes New Playlists, Liked Videos and Recently Added videos.
- Subscriptions icon: This is where you can get to see all your subscriptions which are those channels you have subscribed to.
When you click on your Display Picture, you are taken to your YouTube Account. Here you will see your display name, registered account email address and a "Manage your Google Account" (highlighted in blue).
Click on this and you will be shown options to help you manage your registered account. Under your Account, you will also see several options, such as;
- Your channel
- Time watched
- Get YouTube Premium
- Paid memberships
- Switch account
- Turn on Incognito
- YouTube Studio
- Help and feedback
YouTube offers users a Help Center https://support.google.com/youtube/?hl=en-GB where they can resolve a number of issues quickly. At the help centre you will be able to find out more about;
- Creating an account,
- Managing your channel,
- Watching and
- Uploading videos.
In a situation where you cannot get the answers you want from the help centre, then the YouTube Community Help Forum https://www.google.com/support/forum/p/youtube?hl=en is your best bet for the right answers.
Reviews of www.youtube.com
You can find and write a review of youtube.com in the following websites:
- Trustpilot: It has a quite high rating review score of 31.8 out of 5 based on more than 2000 reviews.
- Sitejabber: Here, the review ratings are 3.6 out of 5 based on more than 800 reviews.