Certain companies contract the firm known as Hewitt to handle payroll processing on their behalf. Certain companies also contract Hewitt to handle the employee benefits administration function on their behalf.
Now it happens that Target Corporation has contracted Hewitt to handle both payroll processing and employee benefits functions. So there is a portal where you can access information about your paychecks and/or your benefits online.
The portal in question is referred to as the AON Hewitt Associate ‘UPoint’ portal, and you can log in there at any time, to access your paycheck and benefits information.
For you to be logging into the UPoint portal though, you need to first create an account there – a procedure that can be characterized as ‘registering for a Target Associates online account at the Hewitt portal.’
Requirements for Target Associates online account registration
To register for a Target Associates account online, you need to be an employee of Target. You will be required to enter certain details, through which the system will figure out whether indeed you work for such a company. You also need to be equipped with a computing device that has a browser application and that is connected to the Internet.
Steps to follow when registering for a Hewitt Associates account
- Firstly, you need to go to the Hewitt Associates UPoint portal site. To do this, you need to put your computing device on, and then launch the browser application. Then you need to enter the address/URL for the Hewitt Associates UPoint portal into the browser. The address/URL we have just made reference to is provided in the ‘links’ section of this article. When you enter that address/URL into the browser application, you are taken straight to the Hewitt Associates UPoint portal.
- When you get to the Hewitt Associates UPoint portal, the first thing you will notice is two spaces provided, for entry of user ID and password respectively. Below those spaces is the ‘Log On’ button, and below that button is a link that says ‘Forgot User ID or Password?’ And then below that link is yet another one that says ‘Are You a New User?’. This link (the one that says ‘Are You are a New User?’) is the one you need to click on, if you wish to register for a Hewitt Associates account.
- When you click on the link that says ‘Are You a New User?’, you are taken to a screen where you are supposed to initiate the registration, by entering certain personal identification details. As required, you have to enter your social security number (the last 4 digits of it), and then select your date of birth. Then click on the ‘Continue’ button.
- You will be taken through several other steps, in a process that will culminate in you being given a chance to set up a user ID and a password. That is the user ID and password with which you will then be logging into the Hewitt Associates online portal.
- Hewitt Associates portal: http://www.targetpayandbenefits.com