December 21, 2016 by Eddy
The online courses offered by the Florida Virtual School can help you improve your performance in your end of course and advanced placement exams. The courses are targeted at students who are in the elementary, middle and high school levels of education: in other words, from kindergarten to 12th grade. We are looking at more than 150 courses, among which you will find quite a number of NCAA-approved core courses.
Requirements to sign up for a course online at the Florida Virtual School
To sign up for a course online at the Florida Virtual School, you need to be equipped with a computing device that has a browser application and that is connected to the Internet.
Steps to follow when signing up for a course online at the Florida Virtual School
- Firstly, you need to go to the Florida Virtual School website. To do this, you need to put your computing device on, and then launch the computing device’s browser application. Then you need to enter the address/URL for the Florida Virtual School into the browser. The address/URL we have just made reference to is provided in the ‘links’ section of this article. Upon entering that address/URL, you are taken to the website of the Florida Virtual School.
- When you get to the Florida Virtual School website, on the landing page (at the top of the landing page), you will see a menu. This menu has items like ‘Home’, ‘Sign Up’, ‘Login’, ‘Quick Links’, ‘Contact’… and so on. From this menu, click on the ‘Sign Up’ link.
- The moment you click on the ‘Sign Up’ link, a pop-up window will appear, where you will be required to select a course type – depending on the grade you are at, and the learning mode you wish to use. The options here include ‘FLVS Flex’, ‘FLVS Full Time’, ‘County Virtual School’ and ‘FLVS Global School’. For each of these options, there is a button indicating the relevant grades, and that is button you are supposed to click on. Thus, for instance, under the FLVS Flex option, there are courses for Grades 6-12, and a button you can click on, if those are the courses you are interested in. Still under the FLVS Flex option, there are courses for Grades K-5, and a button you can click on, if those are the courses you are interested in.
- Upon clicking on the relevant button, you will be taken to other screens, where you will be required to enter further details, and make further choices, to complete the Florida Virtual School course sign up process.
- Florida Virtual School website: https://www.flvs.net/