Back in 1995 a meeting was held by the Western Governors Association to develop a sustainable e-learning model for tertiary education.
The outcome of this meeting would lead to the establishment of Western Governors University (WGU) in 1997.
WGU is an accredited online, e-learning university with its headquarters located in Salt Lake City, Utah. WGU is also a privately owned, nonprofit internet-based university.
At the moment, the president of WGU is Scott D. Pulsipher, he was appointed in April, 2016. The former president, Robert Mendenhall is now a WGU Board of Trustees member, and a president emeritus of WGU.
WGU offers online degree programs. It have been accredited by renowned national and regional educational institutions like: ACBSP, CAEP, CAHIIM, CCNE, NCATE, and NWCCU
The goal of WGU is to provide students from all over the world with a sustainable, online e-learning platform. One that is user-friendly, intuitive, highly interactive, and progressively innovative.
A portal where students can effectively login to communicate with both lecturers and colleagues without having to be physically present like in traditional universities.
WGU Student Portal login university
How to login?
- To access the WGU student portal and log in, you simply need to visit https://my.wgu.edu.
- When on the student portal login you are informed that your sign-in to the site is secure.
- You will be required to provide your registered "Username" and "Password". After which you can click on the orange "SIGN IN" button.
- If you cannot remember your username and/or password, you can make use of the "Reset Password" and/or "Retrieve Username" links opposite the "SIGN IN" button.
- A "Create an Account" link is also available on the landing page. This link is for anyone yet to register and open a WGU student account before login.
At the bottom of the WGU student portal landing page, you have University Announcements with links to;
- "Request a Transcript": For any student wishing to forward their transcripts to a named recipient/organisation.
- "Alumni Community": For ex-students wishing to connect with other past students.
- "Visit WGU's website": Note that the official WGU website is http://www.wgu.edu/ and "WellConnect".
Service Desk Information of WGU.edu
Still on the WGU student portal landing page, you have the service desk information. You can forward your enquiries by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you prefer to give the service desk a call, you can do so on (877) 435-7948.
You can make calls:
- From 06:00hrs to 22:00hrs, MT (Monday to Friday)
- From 10:00hrs to 19:00hrs, MT (Saturday to Sunday).
Creating an Account in WGU.edu student portal
To create an account on WGU, you will need to provide three key information.
- The first bit of information that you need to provide is your "First Name".
- The second information is your "Last Name".
- while the third is your "Application PIN".
The application PIN is a six-digit number which the applicant specified in the WGU Admission Application form while filing it out.
- Once you have provided the three basic information, you can click the "Next" button to move on to the next stage of the account creation process.
Reviews of wgu.edu
You can check here the main available www.wgu.edu reviews. You can also write in these websites your own experience in a review.
wgu.edu has an average score of 3.4 out of 5
wgu.edu has an average score rating of 4.7 out of 5
In summary the review results are very high and positive.
Other student portals: