If you want to be a twitch streamer, video gamer looking to stream your live gameplay to a large viewing audience from all over the world, then Twitch application is where to be. Twitch has redefined online entertainment and added more fun to video gaming and gamers.
But do you know how to activate your Twitch TV, the activation process? Do you know that you need a twitch tv activation code before pressing activate button and activate Twitch?
Well, this guide will show you how to activate your Twitch on Smart TVs and video game consoles with the use of an activation code.
In addition to video game consoles and Smart TVs, note that Twitch tv content can also be viewed and you can activate it on multiple device including; Android, iPhones, iPads, xbox console, playstation console and MacBooks.
What you need before Activating Twitch
Before you proceed with activate Twitch, you need a stable WiFi connection. Your WiFi speed needs to also be fast in order to enjoy smooth, seamless live streaming.
To enjoy a buffer-free streaming, you can also use an extender or a reliable WiFi speed booster.
What is the Activation Code for Twitch?
The activation code is needed to activate for verification purposes. This code is needed to verify both your Twitch.TV account and your preferred viewing streaming device.
Devices such as Amazon Firestick, Android TV or Roku require the TwitchTV/activate code before you can start watching live video game streaming on Twitch.
How to input the Activation Code on https://www.twitch.tv/activate
If you want to watch Twitch on an iOS, Android, PC or Smart TV device, you first need to install the Twitch TV app on your preferred device, android or ios.
Go to https://www.twitch.tv/downloads and select your app from the ones available.
When you try watching Twitch for the first time on any of these devices, an Activation Code will be displayed on the tv screen if you are an active subscriber of Twitch.
This code would need to be entered into the required field on the twitch.tv/activate service site.
You begin by opening a couple of tabs on your Web browser, but ensure that you are not on incognito mode when you do.
Follow the instructions below to activate Twitch.TV on your streaming or mobile device and enter code.
- On one of the tabs open https://www.twitch.tv/activate and login by inputting your Twitch website registered password and username. Note that before you can use the Code you need to have a valid Twitch subscription.
- Once you login to the twitch.tv/activate site, you can then input the Code that was displayed on the screen of your device. This code should be entered into the provided field.
- After inputting the Activation Code, you will be able to fully access the Twitch TV app on your chosen device. Entering the code will automatically sign you into your Twitch tv account on the app installed on your preferred viewing device. If not look for the sign up button.
Note that you will be able to login to your registered Twitch account using the twitch app on your streaming device, but without entering the Activation Code on twitch.tv/activate, you will not be able to watch any live action game streaming.
Twitch TV activate for Amazon Firestick users
Your Amazon Firestick offers a large collection of exciting popular streaming platforms including Netflix, Prime Video, Hulu and also Twitch.
If you are using Amazon Firestick you can use an Activation Code to verify your Twitch account and activate the live platform in twitch.tv activate. Here's what you need to do to activate it:
- Make sure you link Amazon Firestick to your preferred Smart TV device. Also make sure you have a fast and stable internet connection.
- Amazon Firestick has an app store, you need to launch this virtual store to view all the downloadable video streaming apps.
- Search for Twitch TV app in this app store.
- After finding the app, download it to your collection on Amazon Firestick.
- Open the Twitch app on your preferred Smart TV.
- Next, sign in to your Twitch.TV account if you are prompted to do so.
- An Activation code will be shown on the screen of your Smart TV. This is a 6-digit code that you need to write down on a notepad.
- You then need to launch a tab on a Web browser using your iOS, Android or PC device and open twitch.tv/activate or www.twitch.tv/activate on this tab.
- Provide your Twitch registered username and private password in order to login to twitch.tv activate. Note that you can only do this if you are an active subscriber of Twitch.
- Once you login, input the code that was shown on the screen of your Smart TV into the required field. Remember that you wrote this code down on a notepad earlier.
- After entering this code, you will be able to view live game streaming on Twitch TV directly from your Amazon Firestick.
Twitch.tv active in Roku device how to guide
Roku is an online streaming platform that is very similar to the likes of Amazon Firestick. If you are a Roku user you can also activate Twitch by linking the Roku online platform to your respective Smart TV.
Follow the steps below to activate Twitch to your Roku Smart TV.
- Go-to the streaming channels menu on Roku, search and locate Twitch.
- Add Twitch channel to your list of streaming channels and download the twitch app.
- When you launch the Twitch.TV app on your respective Smart TV a six digit Activation Code is displayed on your screen.
- Use a PC, iOS or Android device to open twitch.tv/activate on a tab of a browser.
- Provide your Twitch tv credentials username and user password to login.
- Input the code in the field provided.
- Now Twitch application is fully activated on your respective Roku online streaming device.
- amazon my tv
As a gamer you are rewarded with subscribers paying a monthly subscription fee to enjoy your live gaming action on Twitch TV.
It also supports you by way of credits, awards, and great gaming tips. Indeed, there's a lot to look forward to as an active subscriber and gamer on Twitch.
For more information on www.twitch.tv/activate send your enquiries by email or drop your enquiries in the comment section below.