For those of you who do not know what MLB is and what they are all about, well this is your chance to crawl out from under the rock you have been hiding at all these years.
MLB is the acronym for “Major League Baseball”, that's right, the most celebrated and widely followed baseball league in the world.
Their official website of the major league baseball is www.mlb.com is there to provide baseball fans with the most current news and information about the teams in the league and players.
However, providing the latest news is not just what the MLB official website is all about, this article highlights most of the features and activities that visitors to the highly interactive site can take advantage of. So let's...play ball!
Official Website Address and Social Media Links
We start with the official website address and their social media links of the MLB which are itemized below. Also included is the Wikipedia page where you can get more information about the MLB, such as past records, historical accounts and a number of current data.
- Official Website: https://www.mlb.com
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mlb
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MLB
- Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/MLB
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/major-league-baseball
- Wikipedia: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_League_Baseball
While on their Official Website, you can either scroll through as a random visitor to the site or you can get to optimize your visit to the website when you Sign Up.
How To Sign Up
To register on the MLB.com official website:
- You first have to click the bust icon on the far right-hand side of the header menu. This is a white silhouette icon of a head and shoulder just after the search icon (see the icon in the screen shot below).
- Once clicked, you are redirected to the “Log In” page as seen in the screenshot below.
- Here you are expected to provide your registered “Username” and “Password”. There is also a “Remember me” check box for those that DO NOT want to keep typing in their Username and Password anytime they want to login.
- By clicking the large blue “Log In” button below the “Remember me” check box, you will be directed to your secure, private account on the MLB site.
However, to be able to login to your private account, you would first have to Sign Up.
To do this, click on the highlighted “Sign up” located at the bottom of the login page. When you click this button, you will be directed to a page where you will be required to provide personal information like your Date of Birth and Email address.
You would also be expected to provide and confirm your user password. You also have the choice of receiving commercial emails from MLB and their partners.
To select this option, all you have to do is click on the check box provided.
On the MLB.com website there are a number of features to look out for. Popular amongst these features are the language setting where you can view the website in English, Spanish, Japanese and Mandarin (Chinese).
On the header menu bar you have the “SCHEDULE” feature which allows you to view the different scheduled fixtures for teams in the MLB. This way you will never get to miss a game.
Get live scores of MLB.com games when you click on this option.
You can click here
Check out the league standings of your favorite teams and also check out those vital statistics that could help you in predicting the outcomes of games.
There are two separate options on the header menu bar labelled “STANDINGS” and “STATS”. Baseball standings, wild card and spring training standings.
Other features include;
- PLAYERS: Where you can get to know the players of all the teams.
- VIDEO: Where you can watch past and current videos relating to MLB games.
- NEWS: Here you are updated with all the recent news, compelling interviews and juicy gossip.
If you want to enjoy live streaming of MLB games on their Official Website, you can do so on MLB.TV. However, you would have to subscribe to view live games and a monthly subscription fee would also be required.
There are different options that you can capitalize on as well, such as;
- Buy MLB.TV
- TV with Extra Innings
- Buy MLB.TV Gift Cards
You can also learn about the supported devices and watch the official MLB.TV trailer if you like.
There is a Help Center/FAQ option to help you out if you are in a jam. And you can also contact the customer help desk using the “Contact Us” option provided.