What is McDonald's Wi-Fi?
McDonald's Wi-Fi is a free digital Wi-Fi service offered by McDonald's, the American fast-food giant.
The company introduced the service in 2004 and made it free for users at 11, 500 McDonalds restaurants in January 2010.
Users were previously paying $2.95 to access the internet for a couple of hours before the service became free.
With McDonald's free Wi-Fi (which is powered by AT & T), users can simultaneously eat and log on to the internet. And perform routine tasks like checking for and sending emails, hook up with friends on social media, and others.
How to Locate a McDonald's Outlet With Wi-Fi Access
If you’re in the US, locating a Mcdonald's branch with Wi-Fi access is a fairly easy process. Just follow the simple steps below.
- On your browser, navigate to the McDonald's restaurant locator page. Then input your zip code/city and state into the search box and click on the search
- Carefully scan through the search results to identify any Mcdonald's outlet that has Wi-Fi listed among its services.
- If you find a branch (or more) with Wi-Fi services, then click on the arrow beside “Services” to identify an active McDonald's hotspot to make a choice.
McDonald's Wi-Fi Connection Procedure
Intending users do not need a Mcdonald's login before they can access the company’s Wi-Fi service.
All they need to do is to accept the McDonalds Wi-Fi sign in terms of agreement after which they are free to use the service.
On your PC (Windows or Mac OS)
- Choose the “McDonalds Free Wi-Fi” network in the Wi-Fi network icon on your taskbar and click on “”
- Upon connection, you’ll be directed to the McDonald's internetterms of service/get connected web page. Click on get connected (assuming you agree to the terms).
- You’ll then notice a message that says “You are connected to McDonald's Wi-Fi. Enjoy!”
On your Android device:
- Click on settings and select Wi-Fi
- Choose “McDonald's Free Wi-Fi” from the available options and click on “Connect”
- You’ll then observe the McDonalds free Wi-Fi in a “Connected” status upon successful connection
- Launch your phone browser for an automatic connection to the McDonalds Wi-Fi connection page
- Click on “Get Connected” to enjoy McDonald's Wi-Fi free internet access
On your Apple ios:
If your Apple device is set to connect to networks, a McDonald’s Wi-Fi pop-up will emerge on your screen along with the terms of agreement.
Click on “Get Connected” to agree to the terms and enable McDonald's Wi-Fi free internet access.
Also, you can connect manually by following the steps below:
- Click on Settingsand select Wi-Fi
- From the network options, select McDonald's Free Wi-Fi
- You’ll then observe the McDonalds free Wi-Fi in an “Unsecured Network” status upon successful connection
- Launch your phone browser for an automatic connection to McDonald's Free Wi-Fi connection page
- Click on “Get Connected”to enjoy McDonald's Wi-Fi free internet access
The McDonald's free Wi-Fi page can be accessed at https://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en-us/services/free-wi-fi.html.