Egusd.net is the student and employee web portal facilitated by ClassLink. The portal helps in organizing eLearning curriculum materials, District links, and internet-based apps into a convenient location that is not difficult to access.
It also allows users access to some of their network drives and operates ClassLink’s Single Sign-On (SSO) technology. The SSO enables users to sign in with their EGUSD sign-in credentials (email address and password).
EGUSD portal login
Students wishing to log into the EGUSD portal have to take the following steps:
- On your web browser, enter the URL https://portal.egusd.net
- Click on “Sign In” with your EGUSD/Google Username, i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org, and your EGUSD computer password
- Click on the “Reading Wonders” or the “Think Central” Button
- If you are signing into Think Central, use the same username (email@example.com) and “school” as password
About the EGUSD.net
EGUSD stands for the Elk Grove Unified School District of Sacramento County in California, the USA. Geographically, the District is located in the Southern part of the County and occupies a territory of around 830 km2 or 320 square miles.
It is the fifth-largest School District in California in terms of student population. Over 80 languages and dialects are spoken among the more than 63,000 students in the District. The District employs over 6,000 people and manages 67 schools.
The current superintendent of the EGUSD is Christopher R. Hoffman. He became the superintendent in 2014 and is the District’s sixth superintendent since it was established in 1959.
According to the District’s authorities, their main priority is to assist all students in their daily classroom learning as well as to groom them for college and their future careers.
To achieve this objective, the District offers many programs and services premised on four strategic goals:
- Provision of high-quality instruction
- Developing actionable assessment and analysis mechanisms
- Emphasizing wellness
- Communicating with families and the community
The District also pursues certain “guiding preferences” aimed at problem-solving and sound decision making so as to foster perennial improvements in areas like:
- leadership development,
- technological facilities/equipment,
- professionalism in learning,
- stimulating research,
- and communications methods, among others.
The EGUSD Board
The Elk Grove Unified School District is governed by a Board of Education made up of seven members, each representing a geographic area in the County. The Board members have a tenure of four years, after which new elections are conducted.
The members include:
- Anthony Perez (District Area 1),
- Crystal Martinez-Alire (District Area 2),
- Sean Yang (District Area 3),
- Beth Albiani (District Area 5),
- Nancy Espinoza (District Area 6),
- Carmine Forcina (District Area 7).
District Area 4 has no representative at the moment.
Prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, Board meetings were held in the board room of the Robert L. Trigg Education Center.
Board meetings usually commence by 6 p.m., unless the time is otherwise adjusted. Closed sessions come prior to the regular meetings.
Virtual Board Meetings are now the preferred meeting mode for the board due to the corona situation. It is conducted online via the Zoom platform.