When it comes to social media platforms, there is one name that stands out above all others - Facebook.com
Facebook was conceived in Harvard College by its founder Mark Zuckerberg as well as roommates and other students of the institution, namely; Andrew McCollum, Chris Hughes, Dustin Moskovitz and Eduard Saverin.
However, the actual launch of this American based online social media and social networking service provider took place 16 years ago on the 4th of February, 2004.
Though its headquarters is located at Menlo Park, California, Facebook, Inc. has a worldwide online coverage. As at December, 2019, the recorded monthly Facebook users reached an astonishing 2.50 billion active users.
Facebook can be accessed online in as many as 140 different languages which truly makes it a global online social media phenomenon.
Facebook Official site
The official website of Facebook is https://www.facebook.com/. Other social.media platforms that Facebook is currently active on include;
The Mobile Layout of Facebook.com Official Site
As you enter the landing page of your Facebook account after you login from your mobile device, there are some notable features worth highlighting.
Here are a few;
- Facebook comes in a blue and white color theme.
- The top panel consists of six icons, namely; Home, Friend Requests, Messages, Notifications, Search and a drop down menu icon represented by three horizontal lines.
- Your display picture besides a message box that reads - "What's on your mind?" can be seen right under the top panel. Also, beside this message box is a photo icon which allows you to attach photographs saved on your mobile device to your message on the "What's on your mind?" message box.
Messages from your Facebook friends appear on your message page, just click on the message icon on the top panel to view messages.
Every friend request needs to either be accepted or denied. The friend requests icon is a silhouette of the head and upper region of two people. It can be seen on the top panel in between the home and message icons.
The notification icon is depicted as a bell silhouette. Click on this icon to check out all your notifications which include recent posts made by your Facebook friends, invitation to join groups and so on.
Facebook Help Center
Facebook.com has a very useful Help Center which you can reach on this link. Once you are on the help center landing page, you can search for a help topic on the search box or you can choose from a number of pre-listed help topics, such as;
- Using Facebook
- Managing Your Account
- Policies and Reporting
- Privacy and Safety
There are also frequently asked questions (FAQs) available and some include;
- What names are allowed on Facebook?
- How do I choose what I get notifications about on Facebook?
- Where can I find my Facebook settings?
- How do I change or reset my Facebook password?
if you want to get the views and opinions of Facebook community members.
Did you know that one of the reasons why Facebook stuck with blue as their primary color is because Mark Zuckerberg is red and green color blind?