Etsy.com was established as a usa based e-commerce site by Jared Tarbell, Haim Schoppik, Chris Maguire and Robert Kalin on the 18th of June, 2005.
The Etsy Official website full site is http://www.etsy.com/
- Facebook site: https://www.facebook.com/Etsy
- Wikipedia site: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etsy
- Twitter site: https://twitter.com/Etsy
- Instagram site: https://www.instagram.com/etsy
How to Shop on Etsy.com
If you are a trader wishing to open a shop on www.etsy.com where you can list your products and get willing buyers, you can do so by following the instructions below;
#1: Create an Etsy.com Account and Sign In
The first thing you need to do is to create an Etsy trading account.
Here’s how to go about it;
- Open Etsy.com on your web browser and then click or tap on the «Sell on Etsy» drop-down menu.
- Next, click tap on the «Open your Etsy shop» option.
- You can choose your country of residence and you will also be allowed to select your preferred language, currency and trading schedule. The trading schedule is the time you are willing to commit to the trade and this can either be part-time or full-time.
- You can also give your www.etsy.com shop a catchy name. Note that in choosing your shop name, you will have to meet a certain criterion before your chosen shop name is acceptable.
- Length: The shop name should NOT be less than four (4) characters long and should NOT be more than twenty (20) characters long.
- The shop name should NOT be made up of any profanity.
- There should be NO special characters or spaces in the name.
- The name must be unique and NOT taken by another member of Etsy.com.
- Also, your chosen Etsy name should NOT violate or infringe on the trademark of someone else.
The good news is that Etsy automatically provides possible name suggestions where the shop name you input has already been taken.
Once you input your preferred shop name, no one else can take the name and Etsy will keep the shop name for you even as you continue with the opening of your Etsy shop.
#2: Add Products
After providing a shop name, you can decide to add your product list and stock up your virtual Etsy shop.
#3: Select Payment Method
You can select a payment method for your Etsy shop. This is how customers would pay you for buying your listed items.
You can also select «Etsy Payments» which is a payment method that offers potential buyers a variety of ways by which they can pay for items purchased while also harmonizing every payment made for your listed products right in your personal Etsy shop payment account.
Etsy Payment is preferable if your country of residence is eligible for such a payment method.
However, if your country of residence does not qualify for this type of payment method, then you can use an eWallet method like PayPal to receive payments for your traded goods.
It is also possible for you to accept payment via debit or credit cards, such as; American Express, Visa, Discover, MasterCard and if you are residing in France, you can use Carte Bleue.
Once you are done with setting up your shop, click or tap on the «Save and continue» button. You can then click or tap on «Open Your Shop» to launch your Etsy shop and start selling.
You can always modify your settings at any time even after setting up your shop.
A typical www.etsy.com shop web address is https://www.etsy.com/shop/myshopname or https://myshopname.etsy.com
How to Login on Etsy.com
- To login to your Etsy.com shop, you will first need to open Etsy a web browser or launch the Etsy mobile app.
- At the top right-hand corner of the Ersy.com landing page, you will see the «Sign In» button, click or tap this button and you will be taken to a login page.
- On the login page, you will be required to provide your registered email address as well as your security password which you used in opening an Etsy.com account.
- You also have the option to login to your Etsy.com account through Google or Facebook.
- Once you have inputted the right email plus password, click or tap the sign in button and you will be taken to your personal account.
Alternatively, you can login to your Etsy account through your Etsy.com mobile app.
- First you have to download the Etsy app for both iOS and Android mobile devices. After downloading the app for free, you can launch it and tap either the «Sign In» or «Continue with Facebook or Google» options.
- Provide your registered email address as well as password and login to your Etsy.com account.
The www.etsy.com Shopping Apps
As mentioned above, Etsy.com comes with both iOS and Android OS mobile applications.
These apps are designed for iPhone/ iPad and Android mobile devices respectively. The apps are available for FREE download and are not heavy.
So you really should NOT be bothered about the app taking too much storage space on your device.
The Etsy.com shopping apps provide users (including sellers and buyers) with a number of features, functions and benefits. Some of these include;
- A simplistic, intuitive and user-friendly www.etsy.com seller account interface.
- A list of favorites and different ways to easily organize your list of favorites.
- Instantaneous tracking updates.
- Prompt notification on new item availability.
- Live chat feature to enable prospective customers text chat with sellers on Etsy.com.
- Sellers can trade their vintage products from the comfort of their home or while on-the-go.
- Sellers and buyers will be able to rapidly access both orders and relevant stats.
- Sellers can easily manage their product listings using any of the Etsy.com apps.
- Availability of social media tools which enables you to share your milestones across several social media platforms, such as; Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and so on.
- Users are provided useful buying and selling tips to enhance both their Etsy.com experience and trade respectively.
Reviews of www.etsy.com
You can check here the main available etsy.com reviews. You can also write in these websites your own experience in a review.
etsy.com has an average score of 3.6 out of 5
etsy.com has an average score rating of 2.1 out of 5
The own shop reviews.
In summary the review results are very positive.
About the etsy.com Shop
Since the launch of Etsy 15 years ago, the website provides a platform where people can trade and buy a wide range of vintage products.
Some of these vintage products include; tools, clothing, bags, jewelry, furniture, arts & craft, and home décor.
The different categories of products displayed on the platform should be a minimum of 20 years of age.
In addition, Etsy.com offers suppliers, traders and sellers an opportunity to have their own personalized Etsy store where they can list vintage items for sale. However, these traders would have to pay a trading fee for each listed item in the region of USD$0.20.
Etsy is one of the most famous internet shops. The main line products of the website are:
- Jewelry and accesories.
- Clothing and Shoes.
- Home and living.
- Wedding and party.
- Toys and entertainment.
- Art and collectibles.
- Craft Supplies and tools
Jewelry is one of the best sellers. There are many different products.
You can get a free shipping coupon code from the following website URL: https://www.etsy.com/market/coupon_code_free_shipping
To start shopping you can:
- Surf from all the available product categories.
- Search for something in the search are on top of your screen. Type a term and click on Search.
- Add items to the basket
- Select shipping time.
To sign in click on the Sign in button on the top right corner of your screen. If you are not already registered click on the Register button.