The Division of Employment Security, which is under the North Carolina Department of Commerce, runs a web-based system, through which people can apply for unemployment benefits online.
This is to say that if you qualify for North Carolina unemployment benefits, and you are in a situation where you actually need to apply for the benefits, then you can proceed to make the application online.
Requirements for you to apply for North Carolina unemployment benefits online
To apply for North Carolina unemployment benefits online, you need to be actually qualified for the benefits: in terms of the period of time you have worked in North Carolina, your last employer, the reason why you left your last employment… and so on.
To make the application online, you need to be equipped with a computing device that has a browser application and that is connected to the Internet.
Steps to follow when applying for North Carolina unemployment benefits online
- Firstly, you need to go to the North Carolina Department of Employment Security website.
- To do this, you need to put your computing device on, and then launch the browser application.
- After that, you need to input, into the browser, the address/URL for the website of the North Carolina Department of Employment Security.
- The address/URL we have just made reference to is provided in the ‘links’ section at the end of this article. Upon entering this address/URL into your browser application, you are taken straight to the North Carolina Department of Employment Security website.
- When you get to the North Carolina Department of Employment Security website, on the landing page, you will encounter various links. Click on the one that says ‘Apply for Unemployment Benefits/File a Claim’. This is the second link in the first column of links at the top — or, conversely, the first link in the second row of links at the top… you can’t miss it. Just click on it.
- When you click on the link that says ‘Apply for Unemployment Benefits/File a Claim’, you will be taken to a screen with general information on the application process. Read through the information in this page, then click on the checkbox to indicate that you understand and agree. Then Click on the ‘Next’ button.
- You will then be taken to a screen where you will initiate the actual application, by entering your social security number. Then click on the ‘Continue’ button, to be taken to the next screen. Enter the required information in the next screens, to complete your application for North Carolina unemployment benefits.
- North Carolina Division of Employment Security website (NCESC): https://desncc.com/